NCC (National Cadet Corps)
The NCC in India was formed with the National Cadet Corps Act 1948. It was raised on 15 July 1948. The National Cadet Corps can be considered as a successor of the University Officers Training Corps (UOTC) which was established by the British Govt. in 1942. During World War II the UOTC never came up to the expectation set by the British. This led to the India that some better schemes should be formed, which could train more young men in a better way even during peace. A committee setup at the behest of our First Prime Minister Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, headed by Pandit H.N. Kunzru recommended a cadet organization to be established in schools and colleges at a National Level. The National Cadet Corps Act was accepted by the Governor General and on 15 July 1948 the National Corps came into existence. There are so many different type of camps Organized and conducted by NCC like Annual Training Camp, National Integration Camp, Para Jumping Camp, Snow Sking Camp, Mountaineering Camp, Army Attachment Camp, Thal Sanik Camp, Youth Exchange Programme Camp , Republic Day Camp, PDLS Camp, PD Camp and Trekking Camp.
The National Cadet Corps came into existence on 16th July 1948 under the NCC Act XXXI of 1948 under the Ministry of Defence with the important aims like; to develop Character, Comradeship, Ideals of service and capacity for leadership in the Youth of the country, to stimulate interest in the defence of the country by providing service training to youth and to build up a reserve to enable the Armed Forces to expand rapidly in a National emergency. NCC imparts Military Training in Battle Field and Crafts, Map Reading, Weapon Handling, Civil Defence, Self Defence and First Aid through various adventurous and Training Camps. NCC also provides opportunities to the cadets to seek Direct Commission in Indian Armed Forces under NCC Special Entry Scheme twice or thrice in a year all the state police services and central police organizations also give bonus marks to NCC ‘BEE’ and ‘CEE’ Certificate Holders during Army recruitment officer Entries through COMBIND DEFENCE SERVICES.
During this session 2022-23, NCC Senior Division Army Wing Troop-Coy-02 of PSR Govt. College Baijnath enrolled 43 Cadets comprising 17SW Girl Cadets and 26 SD Boy Cadets under the leadership of CTO Dr. Atul (Assistant Professor, Chemistry) and able guidance of ANO Major Rajkumar Pathania (Associate Professor, Economics) who retired on 30th April, 2022 to undergo 3 years Military Training, where as the total authorized strength is 80 cadets, in which 30 Girl Cadets and 50 Boy cadets (SW/SD) will undergo the Military training in the session 2022-2023. Commanding Officer Col. Randhir Singh Lalotra and Adm. Officer Lt. Col . Rajeev Bhola motivated the Cadets during NCC Enrollment to compete for bright career in Indian Defence Forces. Principal Dr. Mohender Pal, also addressed the Cadets in various programmes to join Indian Military Services and to serve the Country. Principal, Dr. Mohender Pal also motivated the Cadets to join Indian army as an officer. Former NCC officer Major Raj Kumar Patahnia also guided the Cadets in various progrmmes specially for SSB interview process.
During the enrollment process near about 150 students both boys and girls applied and appeared before the panel for 43 vacancies in the tough / close competition. This shows the attraction of NCC among the student’s community and their dedication and spirit towards the nation. The Battalion HQ 2HP BN NCC Mandi under the command of Col. Randhir Singh Lalotra and Adm. Officer Lt. Col .Rajeev Bhola and other Staff including JCO’s and NCO’s provides necessary guidance and training to the Cadets From time to time in different camps i.e. ATC , CATC , COC and other activities. The details of NCC activities carried out during the session 2022-2023 are as under.
NCC Senior Division Army Wing Boys (SD) and Girls Army Wing (SW) 2022-2023
During this session the following various activities have been conducted which are as follows:-
- Cleanliness drive of natural water resources was done by Cadets in their respective localities in May, 2022.
- 01 SW Cdt Our Unit participated in All India Girl Trekking Expedition HIMTREK-2022 which was organized from 07June,2022 -28 June 2022 in PSR GC Baijnath in which 1050 SW Cdts from all over India participated.
- International Yoga Day was celebrated on 21 June, 2022 in which Cadets of PSR GC Baijnath visited at their native localities and told and performed different yogic exercise. 72 Cadets (SW 40& SD 32) 01 CTO, 155 family friends, 100 family members and 55 villagers participated.
- On 27 June, 2022 under Say Yes to Life, No to Drugs campaign run by Ministery of Home Affairs Govt. of India, Cadets took online pledge and registered themselves on the portal.
- During the session 2021-22, 23 cadets passed CEE Cert. Examination and 20 passed BEE Cert. Examination in Feb 2022.
- During the session 2021-22, 20 cadets appeared in BEE and 34 cadets in CEE certificate examination, Feb2022
- Cadets of PSR GC Baijnath participated in Har Ghar Tiranga Camapaign from 11 August, 2022 to 15 August, 2022 to Celebrate 75 years of independence of India.
- Different programs were organized under Independence Day Celebrations –on 15th Aug 2022 .In which National Flag was hoisted by College Principal and NCC Cadets performed March Past/Parade. In these programs rallies were flagged off by College Principal.
- Wonder full job has been done by NCC cadets with the NOK (Next of Kin) of Martyrs .During this campaign NCC Cadets interacted with 03 families in August, 2022 and handover mementos send to them by Respective Army Battalions.
- 01 SD cadets was selected to attend Army Attachment Camp with regular Army unit at Macleodganj Dharamshala w.e.f. 25 to 28th August, 2022.
- 01 SD cadets was selected to attend Basic Leadership Camp with regular Army unit at Malout, Punjab w.e.f. 07 th to 14th September, 2022.
- A programme under Foot Policing for the Month of Oct., 2022 “Say no to plastic” was organized in which 53 Cdts participated in Rally.
- During the session 2022-2023, 40 Cdts. (16SW and 24 SD) attended CATC at Army Transit camp Pandoh w.e.f. 13 Nov. to 28 Nov. 2022.
- 75th NCC Day celebration was observed on 28th 2021 with Organization of Blood Donation camp at Pandoh during CATC Camp. In whicd all the Cdts who ateended camp donated blood.
- Cadets of our Unit Lead and Participated in rally organized on National AIDS Day in which they awared people about AIDS and its causes and control.
- Road Safety Club organized a function on 20 December, 2022 in which local police official visited college and give a speech on the road safety and allied activites.
- A online registration programme “ Drug abuse –Awareness and prevention was organized in which Cadets were awared not to indulge themselves in such practices.
- 17 SW & 26 SD registered themselves on digital forms, report submitted to Bn HQ Mandi.
- During the session 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-23 near about 10 NCC cadets joined Indian Armed Forces , Para –Miltary forces, Agniveer and other Police services.
- 32 Cadets of 2nd and 3rd year Register themselves with NCC Alumni Association.
During all these above activities Principal Dr. Mohender Pal, Retd. ANO Major R.K. Pathania NCC and Care Taker Officer(CTO) Dr. Atul were present and educated / awared the cadets in all programmes.